Do you see blood in the gums after brushing? Experience frequent bad breath? You may suffer from a very common dental condition known as periodontal (gum) disease. Periodontal disease left unmanaged can ultimately result in dental issues, including lost teeth. Unfortunately, there is no cure for gum disease, but at Katy Dental Experts in Katy, TX, we can help you improve and manage your oral health and gum disease with our various periodontal treatment options. Think you may need to see a periodontist? Here are the symptoms to look out for:
Periodontal disease, often referred to as “gum disease,” is an extremely common dental condition. In fact, 64.7 million adults in America have mild to severe periodontitis. This causes the patient’s gums to begin separating from the teeth, eventually forming pockets that can trap bacteria and lead to infection and decay. Left untreated, gum disease often leads to decayed, infected, and even missing teeth.
– During this process, your Katy periodontist will use specialized dental tools to remove plaque, tartar, infection, and other bacteria from your teeth and above and below the gum line.
– Once we have completed the dental scaling, we will carefully smooth the roots of your tooth. This will allow your gums to reattach and properly heal.
– When gum disease continues to advance and be left untreated, surgical periodontal treatment may be necessary. This could include:
– Pocket reduction surgery may be performed to alleviate the destructive cycle of gum disease and can an effective treatment option for eliminating the inflammation causing bacteria.
– If your gum disease has caused exposed tooth roots, gum grafting can be used to restore gum tissue, covering the exposed root and helping reduce painful symptoms.
Ready to kick gum disease to the curb? Contact our Katy periodontics office today! We can schedule an appointment to evaluate your teeth, gums and overall oral health to determine which periodontal treatment options are right for you.
$69New Patient Special:
Comes with a comprehensive exam, oral cancer screening, full x-ray & basic cleaning.
$250 Teeth Whitening Special
Zoom Whitening for patients who see us for routine 6-month visits.
Includes implant placement and crown restoration.
Dr. Halaweh is highly certified in many advanced dental procedures and stays up to date with the latest in dentistry through extensive continuing education. His constant focus is finding better and more effective ways to help his patients, using the most current, modern equipment and techniques.